Friday, April 13, 2018

Our reason to FIRE & FIRE goals

PSA I am not a blogger I am more of a word vomiter, I go on long rants and change direction ten times but i'm trying to work on that I enjoy the numbers but mostly I want this to be about the journey, the win, the warts, the setbacks and all. One day when I hopefully reach FIRE I want to be able to go back to the very start and see how far I have come rather then it be a blurry memory.

Our reason to FIRE

The main reason I really started to want to be FIRE was I had a cancer scare last year, I'll expand in a later post but to be confronted with what might happen if I wasn't here and realising I didn't want to leave a mess for my husband and son to sort out was one of the pushes to get on the FIRE train.

I started my own pet minding business and I built it to almost six figures and then I had it pretty much taken away from me really stung and I don't want to be put in that position again, again I'll expand at a later date. With what happened I realised what hurt more than loosing all of my income was my lack of direction and focus. I had no drive and nothing to do I was lost and I was going insane. I'm determined to get that back.

Our FIRE goals

Expected Goal Date April 2021

To expand into wholesale, pay off our personal loan and state debt, to pay $100,000 off home loan. Save renovation money to get the house looking nice enough to sell. I would love to buy a boarding kennels maybe somewhere near the beach and be able to go on a holiday when we feel like it maybe once or twice a year and experience the world, i'm a home-body I like my little cocoon.

Keen to try shares and investing a little. I'd like to be able to help my parents and in-laws with their retirement so they don't have to worry. I want to keep fostering animals and rescuing battery cage hens and enjoy my succulent gardening. No big giant goals and dreams. I'm sure I'm pretty boring but this is what makes me happy. I'm not quite sure if this is the FIRE way I don't really have a good idea of the numbers and figures but for now this is a good enough start.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and if you are on your FI journey.

I am NOT a personal finance professional, and this blog doesn’t constitute professional advice. This is just my personal journey and I'm just hoping I don't stuff it up. Feel free to follow me down the rabbit hole. We have cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019 Update- new houses and drug free!

Time slipped away! Whoops, you know how you get busy and doing "the thing" is always in the back of your mind but somehow more imp...